Friday, September 3, 2010

Point of Opposite View

“Where were you last night?” The woman screeched at her dazed and confused boyfriend. “ I waited for three hours, and you never showed up!”
Realizing that there was no way he could pull out of this one, Carl simply stood there, and took his girlfriend’s verbal thrashing. He said not a word, and just let Catelin get it out of her system. He knew a pressure cooker ready to blow when he saw one, and right now, she was mere moments away from doing so.
“Are you listening to me?” Catelin yelled. “You didn’t hear one word I just said did you? You weren’t even paying attention to me. Carl! If we are going to make this work, we have to listen to each other, more specifically, YOU have to listen to ME.”
Carl turned around and rolled his eyes at her. “This is a relationship, Catelin, not a dictatorship. I am not your slave, and you don’t own me. You never will. Did you ever think that I didn’t show up last night cause I didn’t agree to go out? You made those plans by yourself. You said I was coming, but I didn’t agree to that. You just assumed, so I let you. That’s what happens when you try to have a one way conversation. You don’t understand. So you know what now? I am leaving. I’ll be around. But I am done with you telling me what to do. Treat me like a person, or I’ll treat you like a voice on the wind that no one pays attention to. It’s as simple as that.”
He turned around, and left. Leaving Catelin standing there dazed and confused, wondering what the hell just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment